“We do not learn from experience… we learn from reflecting on experience.”
This marks week six of the school year and I am asking myself where has the time gone. A lot of exciting things are taking place and my desire was to capture and reflect on these various experiences. Six weeks in and I have fallen short on the capturing, no reflective writings or moments of stopping and reflecting. Right now I am in a state of doing and struggling just to “Be in the Moment.” Here is what is happening in the world of JamCam…
- Grade 9 Humanities course is no longer a theory but a living functioning organism.
- The Humanities PLC still meets to craft, restructure and develop the program.
- Mentor Program for new teachers meeting 1 complete, meeting 2 coming soon.
- HOG duties are kicking in Folio Meetings, 73 and Under Reports, Team Building.
- Advisory with Grade 11 is different from Grade 9.
- Football Coaching: one last second defeat and one hard-fought win .
- MVIFI is in motion with Collider coming and School Visit day soon.
- The Teachers Guild is ready to roll: Civics Education and STEM.
- Both boys are in school, 2 year olds and 8 year olds have different needs.
- Leadership team still building capacity for PBLs, Instructional Rounds and more.
Those are the Top 10, more to come…